Who we are
Our website address is: https://thegivingwater.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
What are Cookies?
Our cookies may be session cookies (temporary cookies that identify and track users within our websites or services which are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the application or service) or persistent cookies (cookies which enable our websites or services to “remember” who you are and to remember your preferences within our websites or services and which will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser or leave your session).
We use the following different types of cookies:
Strictly Necessary/ Technical cookies
These Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Sites so you may access them as you have requested. These Cookies, for example, let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged into that account to access Site content. They also include Cookies that enable us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our Sites.
Analytical/ Performance cookies
These Cookies are used by us or third-party service providers to analyze how the Sites are used and how they are performing. For example, these Cookies track what pages are most frequently visited, and from what locations our visitors come from. If you subscribe to a newsletter or otherwise register with the Sites, these Cookies may be correlated to you. These Cookies include, for example, Google Analytics cookies.
These Cookies let us operate the Sites in accordance with the choices you make. These Cookies permit us to “remember” you in-between visits. For instance, we will recognize your user name and remember how you customized the Sites and services, for example by adjusting text size, fonts, languages and other parts of web pages that are alterable, and provide you with the same customizations during future visits.
Third Party Advertising cookies
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can adjust many browser preferences so that you are alerted when a cookie is placed in your browser, or adjust preferences to decline cookies altogether. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Terms and Conditions
- The following Terms and Conditions constitute a binding agreement between you and the operators of TheGiving-Water.org and The Giving Water .com (“The Giving Water “) regarding your use of The Giving Water website and all related services provided by The Giving Water (“The Giving Water Service“). Since the Terms and Conditions of The Giving Water Service are binding, read them carefully. The Terms and Conditions contained herein apply to all users of The Giving Water Service whether as a ‘visitor’ or as a ‘member.’ For members of The Giving Water Services as Free Water Fundraising further Terms and Conditions may apply.
- These Terms and conditions may be revised from time to time by The Giving Water without prior notice to you. It is your sole responsibility to regularly check The Giving Water Service before using and to review the current Terms and conditions. In case you continuously use The Giving Water Service, this constitutes your agreement to all revisions to the corresponding Terms and Conditions.
- By accessing and using The Giving Water Service you represent and warrant that:
- you are at least 18 (eighteen) years old,
- that you have reached the legal age determined by the governing law of your country to view the material as shown and displayed on The Giving Water Service,
- that you are accessing The Giving Water Service from a location where the content of The Giving Water Service is deemed legal and permitted, and
- that you will not permit any other person access to The Giving Water Service who is not allowed to do so, especially persons under the age of 18 (eighteen).
- ACCESS TO MATERIALS AND/OR CONTENT PROVIDED BY THE GIVING WATER SERVICE FROM A JURISDICTION WHERE MATERIALS AND/OR CONTENT.
- You may as a visitor or as a member, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, view content and or materials provided through The Giving Water Service and, to the extent permitted by The Giving Water , download content or portions of content provided by the The Giving Water Service, to a single personal computer or other storage device, especially mobile phones and/or tablets.
- Other than permitted by these Terms and Conditions you may not copy, distribute, or perform the content of The Giving Water Service, or create derivative works using that content.
- The Giving Water Service is at all times provided to you on an IS AS and AS AVAILABLE basis. Therefore The Giving Water disclaims all responsibility and liability for the availability, timeliness, security or reliability of The Giving Water Service or any feature or software included in The Giving Water Service. The Giving Water disclaims all responsibility or liability for the acts or omissions of third parties whose services, software, content, or advertising may be utilized in connection with or provided by The Giving Water Service, and you agree that The Giving Water will not be liable for any such services, software, content, or advertising.
- The Giving Water reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, The Giving Water Service (or any part thereof) with or without prior notice. The Giving Water Service may be subject to interruptions, caused by The Giving Water, partners of The Giving Water or other third parties. The Giving Water will not be liable for any modification, suspension, interruption or discontinuance of The Giving Water Service at any time.
- Giving Water Service is for your personal use and shall not be used for any commercial endeavor except those specifically endorsed or approved by The Giving Water, e.g., Affiliates and advertising partners. Any illegal and/or unauthorized use of The Giving Water Service is prohibited including but not limited to collecting usernames, and e-mail addresses for sending unsolicited e-mails or unauthorized framing or linking to The Giving Water Service is prohibited.
- As a user of The Giving Water Service, you shall be responsible for your user submissions and the consequences of posting, uploading, publishing transmitting or other making them available on The Giving Water. You agree that The Giving Water shall have the right to determine in its sole and unfettered discretion, what action shall be taken in the event of any discovered or reported violation of the Terms and Conditions contained herein. You shall not (nor others using your account) under any circumstances:
- post, upload, publish, transmit or make available in any way on The Giving Water Service content which is illegal, unlawful, harassing, harmful, threatening, tortuous, abusive, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of one’s privacy including but not limited to personal information, hateful, racial.
- post, upload, publish, transmit or make available in any way on the The Giving Water Service software containing viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to destroy, interrupt, limit the functionality of, or monitor, or persistently reside in or on any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- post, upload, publish, transmit or make available in any way on The Giving Water Service content which is intentionally or unintentionally violating any applicable local, state, national, or international law, or any regulations or laws having the force of law where you reside and elsewhere, including but not limited to any laws or regulations relating to securities, privacy, and export control; engage in, promote and;
- post, upload, publish, transmit or make available in any way on The Giving Water Service content depicting illegal activities, promote or depict physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promote or depict any act of cruelty to animals; You agree not to use The Giving Water Service in any way that exposes The Giving Water Service to criminal or civil liability.
- The Content contained on The Giving Water Service with the exception of User Submissions including but not limited to the text, software, scripts, graphics, music, videos, photos, sounds, interactive features and trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein, are owned by and/or licensed to The Giving Water , subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights worldwide and under all applicable laws and international conventions.
- Content on The Giving Water Service and its websites may not be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever without the prior written consent of the respective owners.
- The Giving Water reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to The Giving Water Service its websites and the content. As a user, you agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the content other than expressly permitted herein, including any use, copying, and distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through The Giving Water Service for any commercial purposes. If you download or print a copy of the content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein. You agree not to disable, circumvent, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of The Giving Water Service or features on the websites that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of The Giving Water Service and its websites or the content therein.
- The user is allowed/permitted to link to materials on The Giving Water Service and its websites for personal, non-commercial purposes only, see above. Further The Giving Water might provide an “Embeddable Player” feature, which the user may incorporate into his own personal, non-commercial websites for use in accessing the materials on The Giving Water Service and its websites, provided that he include a prominent link back to The Giving Water Service and its websites on the pages containing the Embeddable Player. The Giving Water reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of The Giving Water Service and its websites at any time. Also, the user may not modify, build upon or block any portion of the Embeddable Player in any way.
- The user shall be solely responsible for any of his User Submissions and the consequences of posting, uploading and publishing them. Furthermore, with User Submissions, you affirm, represent and/or warrant that:you own or retain the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and authorize The Giving Water to use all trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, patents, or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the The Giving Water Service and its websites and these Terms and Conditions; and you will not post, or allow anyone else to post, any material that depicts any person under the age of 18 years and you have inspected and are maintaining written documentation sufficient to confirm that all subjects of your submissions are, in fact, over the age of 18 years. You have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the User Submission to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by The Giving Water Service and its websites and these Terms and Conditions. For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. By submitting the User Submissions to The Giving Water , you grant The Giving Water a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicense able and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with The Giving Water Service and its websites and The Giving Water ‘s (and its successor’s) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the The Giving Water Service and its websites (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also grant each user of the The Giving Water Service and its websites a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the The Giving Water Service and its websites, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the The Giving Water Service and its websites and under these Terms and Conditions. The foregoing license granted by you terminates once you remove or delete a User Submission from The Giving Water Service and its websites.
- In submitting material (video or other communication), you further agree that you shall not under any circumstances
- Submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant The Giving Water all of the license rights granted herein; publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage The Giving Water or any third party; submit material that is obscene, illegal, unlawful, defamatory, libelous, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate; post advertisements or solicitations of business; Impersonate another person. The Giving Water does not endorse any User Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and The Giving Water expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. The Giving Water does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and The Giving Water will remove all Content and User Submissions if properly notified that such Content or User Submission infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. The Giving Water reserves the right to remove Content and User Submissions without prior notice or delay. The Giving Water will also terminate a User’s access to its Website if they are determined to be an infringer. While pornographic and adult content are accepted, The Giving Water also reserves the right to decide in its sole and unfettered discretion, whether Content or a User Submission is appropriate and complies with these Terms and conditions for violations other than copyright infringement and violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to, obscene or defamatory material, or excessive length. The Giving Water may remove such User Submissions and/or terminate a User’s access for uploading such material in violation of these Terms and Conditions at any time, without prior notice and at its sole discretion.
- You understand and acknowledge that when using The Giving Water Service and its websites, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources and that The Giving Water is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against The Giving Water with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold The Giving Water , its Owners, affiliates, operators, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the website.
- You agree that The Giving Water may at its sole discretion have the right to refuse to publish, remove, or block access to any User Submission that is available via the Website or other The Giving Water network or services at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all, with or without notice.
- The Giving Water provides its website as a service to its users. However, The Giving Water assumes no responsibility whatsoever for monitoring The Giving Water Services for inappropriate content or conduct. If at any time The Giving Water chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor The Giving Water Services, however, The Giving Water assumes no responsibility for the content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User submitting any such content. The Giving Water may review and delete any User Submissions that, in its sole judgment, violates this Agreement or may be otherwise offensive or illegal, or violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of any User or person not associated with the Website (collectively “Inappropriate User Submissions”). You are solely responsible for the User Submissions that you make visible on the Website or to any third-party website via an embedded player provided by the Website or any other material or information that you transmit or share with other Users or unrelated third-parties via the Website.
- The Giving Water reserves the right to charge for The Giving Water Services and its related websites and to change its fees from time to time in its sole discretion furthermore, in the event The Giving Water terminates your rights to use the website because of a breach of this Agreement (Terms and Conditions), you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees.
- You represent and warrant that all of the information provided by you to The Giving Water to participate in The Giving Water Services and its websites is accurate and current, and you have all necessary right, power, and authority to enter into this Agreement and to perform the acts required of you hereunder.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE GIVING WATER SERVICE AND ITS WEBSITES SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE GIVING WATER, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. THE GIVING WATER MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT,PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE,ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN,ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE THE GIVING WATER WEBSITE, ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONSIN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE THE GIVING WATER WEBSITE. THE GIVING WATER DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE THE GIVING WATER WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND THE GIVING WATER WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE GIVING WATER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN NO EVENT SHALL THE GIVING WATER , ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE GIVING WATER SERVICE AND ITS WEBSITE, ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE THE GIVING WATER SERVICE AND ITS WEBSITE, ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE GIVING WATER SERVICE AND ITS WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE GIVING WATER SERVICE AND ITS WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE GIVING WATER SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- The user agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless The Giving Water , its parent corporation, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: your use of and access to the The Giving Water Service and its website; your violation of any term of these Terms and Conditions; your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or any claim that one of your User Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive these Terms and conditions and your use of The Giving Water Service and its website.
- You affirm that you are either more than 16 years of age or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions, and to abide by and comply with these Terms and Conditions contained herein.
- The Terms and Conditions contained herein and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you but may be assigned by The Giving Water without restriction.
- If any term, clause or provision of the agreement is held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the validity or operation of any term, clause or provision and such invalid term, clause or provision shall be deemed to be severed from this Agreement.